Re: WINE, PERVASIVE and ODBC

On 4/2/07, Jeff Whiteman <jeff.whiteman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a proprietary piece of software written for a windows machine.  When
I run the ODBC interface so that I can set a DSN the connection works.

However, when I run the program it cannot find the files and gives me an
error stating that.

Does anyone have experience with Pervasive DB's? Or maybe with getting
programs like  this one running under WINE?

Hi Jeff,
wineconf isn't read by many people, so I'm replying on the wine-users
mailing list.

Which version of Pervasive, exactly?

It looks like you asked the same question at
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Linux_Networking/Q_22472428.html
and gave more details there.
In particular, somebody there wrote
If you try to open an application data file (that's on drive I:)
using the Pervasive Function Executor (WBEXEC32.EXE in PVSW\BIN),
does it work or does it give an error? If it gives an error, what is it.
And you replied:
Win I run WBEXEC32.EXE in PVSW\BIN it opens and appears to run, but I
cannot do >anything.  I have to "break" out of it to stop it.

Gee, it sounds like it ought to be possible to set up a
toy database that exhibits the problem, using the trial versions at
http://www.pervasive.com/downloads/
Can you give us a step-by-step recipe for reproducing the
basic problem using just the trial versions and a toy database?
It might be quite easy (e.g. "Give the following command to create an
empty database....  The tool crashes like this...")

Thanks,
Dan