Need config.h

I'm not trying to build Wine on my system, only to extract enough files so I can define my own version of an edit control -- the one built into Windows does too much in one area and not enough in another, and subclassing doesn't solve the problem. I've identified the file I need (\dlls\user32\edit.c) and can find the associated include files, however I can't find "config.h".

I understand that this file is generated by the ./configure script. I though I had cygwin installed, but when I run bash I can't get ./configure to run (Can't make pipes for command substitution, Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV). I would prefer not to pursue this line.

Again, I'm not trying to build Wine, just extract the edit control files and use them in a Windows project compiled by MSVC (Visual Studio 6) in Win2000 on a Intel Pentium-class machine.

I would appreciate any help you can provide.