Re: Which version ? Advice please.

Paul Williamson wrote:

I believe 0.9.21-15.1 is the latest version, and I can see how Yast might
be getting confused (I think it was mentioned in this group a while ago),
but could some one please re-assure me that the "security" reason for the
20050725-3.2 has been fully dealt with in 0.9.21-15.1 ?

As no-one else answered to you... I'm not 100% certain about this, but I'm sure enough that I wouldn't have a fear about using the latest version. Usually the security updates are first added to the cvs/svn from where new versions are released and after that the older releases are patched if there were security related fixes. So it would be really weird if the latest version would have a security hole that has been patched on older version.

Also, does anyone here happen to know how I can tell Yast Online Update to
stop tryng to get me to install the older version ?

Perhaps by uninstalling it from the Yast and then installing it from other route so that Yast doesn't know that you have it installed. I have very little experience on Yast so this might not work, you might better better answer from a newsgroup that is more related to Suse.