Multiple users without write permission on "drive_c"

I have a multiuser environment with lots of users. Some of them are supposed to
use a program running with wine. The problem is how to make the users in
question use a global "drive_c" directory without giving them write permissions
to it?

So far I have a wrapper script which copies a '.wine' skeleton into the users
home directory with apropriate links in '.wine/dosdevices' and afterwards
calls 'wine $myprogram'.
That works up to the point where the user launches a file dialog in $myprogram
where he doesn't see any directories because of a
missing 'drive_c/windows/profiles/$USER'.

Giving the users write access to 'drive_c/windows/profiles' is NOT an option.
So how can I have multiple (arbitrary) users using the same "windows
installation" without write permissions on the corresponding 'drive_c'?

Besides, I also would like to know how to define a larger default font for the
programs running with wine. http://wiki.winehq.org/UsefulRegistryKeys is NOT
helpful here since it does not clarify which exact keys should be set to what
values in order to change which font to this and that size... :-/ This may be
due to my lack of knowledge about Windows of course....

Thanks in advance for any help,
Grischa