Re: Warcraft III "Fatal Error"

H Doherty wrote:
I am new to Wine, and I've come to a point where I have no clue what my
problem is, so I need a bit of help.

I installed Warcraft III, following the instructions here:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=1177

But I get this error:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7046/war3problemyk0.jpg

And then after that, another message appears saying that my CD drive
cannot be found.  I must have done something wrong, but I do not have
any clue as to what it could be.

I am using Wine 0.9.8, compiled with GCC 3.4.6.  My kernel is
2.6.17-gentoo-r4, for i686.  If any other information is needed, and I
imagine it is,you will probably have to explain to me how I find this
information, because I am a bit new at this.

Thanks in advance.

First upgrade to the latest wine version. Not only is the wine version the tester used later than yours (0.9.12) but DirectX and other improvements are constantly being made. Your kernel version is probably completely irrelevant for wine. Also try making sure your cd drive is marked as such in winecfg by clicking on "Show Advanced".