Re: Newbie Problem: need Windows Printer Driver?

Hello!

> I have CUPS correctly setup and - as I wrote - can print out of wine
> applications (wordpad). But as it appears that's not good enough for
> prism. I'm afraid it wants to see some windows-printer-driver. I'm not
> sure if they have to work or if they just should be there somewhere :-)

Well, I guess wine has its own print driver which uses cups for
printing - some kind of postscript driver.

Perhaps you find something while running
WINEDEBUG="+print" wine programm.exe

Have a look at [1] for more information.

In any case you should open a bug report on wine bugzilla.

Also telling the authors of prism about your problem might be a good
idea. At least they realize that their app basically works on wine and
they might become interested.

Ciao,

Olaf

[1] : http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/x509