Windows Clipboard and WINE

I have a book cataloging program that I have used for several years and
I am extremely pleased with it.  It's one of the main reasons I still
use windows primarily.  I'm looking at running it under WINE and I am
having trouble with the registration of the license key. The license key is coped to the Windows clipboard and the the program reads it from the clipboard. When I try to register the key under WINE, the program tells me that the key cannot be found in the clipboard. I'm assuming that when I copy the key under WINE, it is not really emulating the Windows clipboard but using it's own.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.