Re: Using native Dlls from original Win2000

Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:
On 2007-01-26, Pete Ricksecker <rick2210@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Robert M. Riches Jr. wrote:
On 2007-01-26, Pete Ricksecker <rick2210@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Duane Clark wrote:
Pete Ricksecker wrote:
I have an app (Quicken) that looks for IE 5.5 and installing ies4linux does not correct it as Quicken still does not find IE.
To install and use another app with IE installed by ies4linux, you need to set an environment variable, for example:
export WINEPREFIX="/home/dclark/.ies4linux/ie6"

Notice that ies4linux creates a ~/bin directory. In that directory is typically a single file (unless you installed several versions of IE). That file is a simple script. If you are using the icon that was put on your desktop to run IE, notice that the "command" that it executes (right click on the icon) is similar to "/home/dclark/bin/ie6". And notice that the first thing the script does is to set the WINEPREFIX environment variable.
Okay. I executed "export WINEPREFIX="/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6" " from a shell now Quicken won't even start up. It was starting up before doing this, just could not connect to internet.
Is your Quicken installation in the prefix area in the
specified path?  If not, fixing that may help.

If by prefix area in the specified path do you mean "/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6"?

Yes.  When environment variable WINEPREFIX is set, that
becomes the root of the fake-windows area, instead of
$HOME/.wine.  You need to have the same WINEPREFIX value
when you install an app vs. try to use it.

Okay.  Here is where I am.

In a shell I executed export WINEPREFIX="/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6" Then installed Quicken into "/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6"
Then copied Quicken from Windows XP drive to the .ies4linux/ie6 location

Then I executed
export WINEPREFIX="/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6"
wine "/home/rick2210/.ies4linux/ie6/drive_c/Program Files/Quicken/qw.exe"
and Quicken started up and I was able to get to registration page for Quicken.com which always comes up. Never got this far so I think it is seeing the ie6 in ies4linux

I was able to connect to bank and download the transactions but they did not get saved.