Re: windows programms starting linux programms

I have got the following problem: I'd like to use the windows version
of firefox in linux.

There's your problem. Why on earth would you ever want to do that? Some researhc project maybe? Or do you need some Flash/ActiveX thingy?

I just wanted to test the 2.0 version without searching for newer versions of libs needed (which are, as far as I can tell). (I come from the windows world and am quite new to linux, so this was the easiest way for me ^^.) But in general, wouldn't it make sense, when some app run by wine launches a native linux app, to convert paths it gives to the linux app?