Re: squares instead of font characters since wine-0.9.13

Thanks for your reply,
Do you know how to compile wine against custom freetype directory?
I have installed all available freetype and fontforge rpm for mandrake 10.0 and then compiled latest wine version, but the problem is still there.
My guess is that to build it properly, I need to have more recent freetype and fontforge packages.

On Tue, 2006-09-26 at 21:59 -0700, James Hawkins wrote:
On 9/26/06, Piotr Sawicki <pelle@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  do you know why when running wine-0.9.13 and all later versions of wine,
>  finale displays squares instead of font characters
>  and when running wine 0.9.12 everything displays ok?
>
>  I have checked with wine versions that I have compiled from source on
> mandrake 10.0. The wine directory was left without any changes.

First, you should really update to the latest wine release, 0.9.21.
Second, you need to make sure you have fontforge and the freetype
devel libraries installed.