Re: Internet Explorer 6 Setup & App D

On 6/6/06, David Dawson <gobble_em_up@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
James Hawkins wrote:

> The only thing you have to do to install IE6 is place a copy of native
> inseng.dll in windows/system32 before running ie6setup.  Then run
> ie6setup with no dll overrides.

I tried that (in a fresh wine install) and it appeared to install...but I
could not figure out how to run IE6; so how do you do that? I couldn't find
the executable anywhere in .wine. What does it take to _actually_ run IE6
(assuming it really is there)?

I don't know the answer to this question, because I'm only concerned
with having the ability to install IE6.  I don't actually use IE6 in
wine.  Most likely you'll have to use some set of dll overrides to run
IE6 (run, not install).

--
James Hawkins