Re: Fwd: LAN games no longer working in Starcraft

Philippe A. skrev:

Forgot to CC list. Sorry.

Unable to initialize network provider

I'm on Fedora Core 4.

Can anyone confirm this?

I run Wine 0.9.13, and UPD multiplayer works fine for me, using (what I
believe) is the latest version of Starcraft.  I have not tested previous
Starcraft versions.  IPX can only be used if the game is run as root.
Networking was tested with two existing Wine installs, though I don't
think that should matter.

I have also updated Starcraft to the latest patch. I don't normally use IPX, but I have noticed selecting IPX and UDP currently produce the same result.

What is your distro and kernel? We are two on FC4 experiencing the same result.

Thanks!

The two computers both run Gentoo Linux, kernel 2.6.16.
Some possible issues I can think of:
- Are you using a 64bit environment?
- Is 'lo' up? ('ifconfig' to check)
- Are you using ipv6?