Re: DCOM

On Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:00:11 +0200, Molle Bestefich wrote:
> I've downloaded DCOM98 from MS and opened the .exe with WinRar,
> comparing each DLL file with the index of Wine DLLs at
> http://source.winehq.org/source/dlls/.  Far from all of them are
> there, but then again some of them are probably extremely rarely used
> by applications.

Microsofts implementation is more modular than ours, fewer DLLS does not
necessarily equal less complete. We've also taken some shortcuts where
binary compatibility could be preserved with a simpler system.

To answer the original question, yes Wines DCOM should be "good enough"
for most users who don't need wire compatibility, and it's getting better
all the time.