Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun debugger issue?

I'm certain this question has been answered a million times over the years. However, I've not been able yet to find the answer either on AppDB or as so far as I have looked on the archive. When I attempt to run Tiberian Sun, if I set my 'windows version' to Windows 98, I get an error stating that there is a debugger detected; unload debugger and try again.

If I set my Windows version to anything NT based, the splash screen will load for Tiberian Sun, but then it will bomb out with an error. Is there any known fix or workaround for this? Wine 0.9.9, Slackware 10.2 Kernel 2.6.15.6.

I'm not subscribed to the list, so I would appreciate if I could be CCd on any replies.
--
Malcolm D. Mallardi
"Nice to meet you Rose. Run for your life!"