Wine esound/esd sound output

Hi,

I was trying the wine esound output plugin but the sound is really
choppy. On IRC it was noted that only the OSS output worked properly and
that esound implementation was quite crappy.

However I really need esound output since we use an LTSP setup. The
sound if only available through esd.

Are there any possibilities to further tweak the esound settings?

The software in question is windows educational software which uses
audio for several excersises.

Regards,

Herman Bos