I need to make some comment on WineTools

I just red the article on the website about winetools. This is controversy is a non starter in my oppinion. I believe that something like winetools should be included in the wine distribution to begin with. It should be something under the control of the developers themselves and bug reports should be added to fix any problems. Why did it take someone outside of the wine development team to do this. For the average user we don't want to have to make a gazillion changes in winecfg. You guys are always adding new features or making changes. I want to just get something going not get stopped at the door by a huge barrier to entry.

If the development team had such a tool it could make test releases and production releases. The production release would have the right combination of native libraries and windows DLLs installed to get things going. While the test release would be used for people who want to test. I think this would be an excellent compromise here. This way the development of winetools and wine will go in the right direction to a final working system. Furthermore.... IE is a necessary part of windows now. Functionality for it needs to be in wine. Its not something that can be disgarded or ignored. Allot of applications use IEs DLL's and functionality these days. So its intrinsically part of the windows API. You won't get 100% compatibility without the functionality it offers.