must I install wine as root?

Hello:

my os is fedora core 4. I downloaded wine-0.9.8.tar.bz2, and then run
./tools/wineinstall
at first. after configuration it is said that I should login as root.
I do not want to install wine as root and do not want to install it in
default path, so I then run
configure --prefix=dir
make depend
make
make install
instead. after install, when I run wine is is said that:
wine: error while loading shared libraries: libwine.so.1: cannot open
but this file is in: [install dir]/lib. then I download wine-0.9.2-1fc4winehq.i686.rpm
and installed it, it works well.

I still want to use the source package to install, but how can I resolve
that error? must I install wine as root?

please help me, thanks!

你 知 道 2006 年 最 火 爆 的 电 子 邮 箱 吗 ?
多 达 1.1 亿 中 国 人 选 择 网 易 2000 兆 免 费 邮 箱 , 抢 注 再 得 280 兆 超 大 网 盘