Re: wine and jack => segfault?

Joachim Förster wrote:

Hi all,

obviously there is no one on this list who has similar problems? Would
it be a good idea to post the problem into the dev mailing list?

Anyway, yesterday again I made some tests and I think, that the
OSS-output driver of Wine has a bug. Yesterday I used plain OSS (no
alsa, no sound server, nothing) and again Windows Media Player (I use it
to test sound) said it couldn't use the audio hardware. So there
definitely has to be something wrong here.

Any ideas?

Short summary:
Wine@alsa: works
Wine@jack: segfault !! I think this is cleary a bug, or not?
Wine@oss: WMPlayer couldn't use the audio hardware. Displays an error.

System: Ubuntu Breezy (breezy kernel 2.6.12-10-686).

Joachim Förster wrote:

Yes I think it would be a good idea to report this on the wine-dev mailing list (with the details already posted there, some of the readers there do not follow wine-users), especially as you did some researching on this too, probably someone there will be able to tell you what to do to find the cause and - if this is a bug - fix it for you - or help you fixing it in case you are willing to attack it yourself :-)

regards,

Joris