Re: Wine based "Windows desktop"

James E. LaBarre wrote:

In case you really want an environment feeling just like the windows XP desktop, you could either make a special window manager that responds as much like that windows desktop as possible (that'd be loads of work) -- or just use one of the window managers for which there are themes to make desktop similar to the XP one

I've looked at this problem too, except I'm trying to duplicate a Windows
2000 desktop. There's *plenty* of XP-like themes, but not much for Win2K. I'm planning ahead for when I can (finally) move my brother's system to
Linux, and he's a picky user who hates it if I even re-arrange his icons,
so I figure I'd want to make a desktop almost identical to what he has in
2K now.

I was not really concerned with the themes - that I beleave is just cream on the top to make it taske more like windows.

My question is - do we have/need a wine-disktop within the existing KDE/GNOME-desktop ?

Ultimately, the most critical app is also the most impossible to find a
native *or* Wine-compatible replacement for, namely an eBay offline auction
posting tool.

Mvh Hans Christian Studt
Mobile +45 29 23 54 14
hc[AT]studt[DOT]dk http://hc.studt.dk