Re: InstallShield Setup.exe hang

Mitsuho Iizuka wrote:

As for the copying all files from the installed system on WinXP, I have
done it already and edited **almost** all registry definitions with
regedit32.exe as well, then found it failed because of definition
shortage perhaps(too much application registry definitions, it's
impossible). That's why I'm going to use the Setup.exe.

I see. Then sorry I can't help you.

I don't know if it is recommended in 0.95, but have you tried running with a native version of ole32.dll? you mentioned something about it in your first post. To run native you need to copy the file to system32 and run with the command >wine DLLOVERIDES="system32=n" setup.exe (check syntax in 'man wine' ) . You should also be able to do this by running winecfg and making the settings in there; prehaps there is a small chance that some other setting available in winecfg (which are saved in the wine registry) will help with your problem.

Good luck.

err:ole:marshal_object object doesn't expose interface {be6115a1-7de5-48dc-ad2a-25060e00fce2}, failing with error 0x80004002

Error message above comes from 'dlls/ole32.c', it seems {be6115a1....}
definitions in regsistry are not enough to send and receive data
between Setup process and iKernel.exe process. I guess that's why
Setup.exe hangs(waiting) just after extracting all files.

Is it good for me to go to the wine-developper ML about this topic ?
I think so. You seem to have a good technical knowledge so maybe someone will be able to help you.
Are you new to wine?

Sometimes developers respond to problems on this list but probably not all will read all mails. Your mail subject sound like a very common one here, so you might try changing it to something that describes your problem more specifically.

Liam