Re: Wine's seti@home team

Nigel Henry wrote:
 > Hi Ivan. This is really, Really, Weird. I've just this moment posted a
question to the SetiAtHome forum, because I'm having problems installing Boinc on FC2 using Wine. I had no problems installing SetiAtHome classic on my FC2 using wine, and the graphics were fine, but Boinc's installer is insisting on needing IE6. This I'm not happy with, as on what remains of my XP and ME installs, both IE and OE are blocked at the firewall due to security issues. Do you know of any workaround for installing Boinc with Wine, without having to install that IE thing. Nigel.

Actually both the seti@home classic and bonic software have native linux versions, there isn't any need to run seti@home on wine.

Ivan.