Re: wine-20050725 : warcraft 3 cd issue

Am Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:05:15 +0200 schrieb Sebastien Fievet <sebastien.fievet@xxxxxxx>:

Hi all,

I just installed wine-20050725 from source, and have a problem with warcraft 3 (patch v1.15). The install runs fine (when mounting the cdrom without the unhide option), but the game doesn't. Launchin the game with : "wine Warcraft\ III.exe -opengl" results in a popup message saying "no disc inserted" whereas the disc
is actually in the CDROM drive. I saw a post on the application database
relating the very same problem. I have found no solution so far...

I managed to play Starcraft (legal copy), and it does work pretty well, so i
assume my installation is good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated : i definitely don't want to re-install
Windows just to play Warcraft.

Regards, Sebastien.

It's a problem with the copy-protection. You have to use a nocd-Crack. Then it should start.

many greetings, Lukas