Re: Problem with InstMsiA.exe

I just made a very short try with the new WineTools and the limited
version for download: Installs out of the box without problems and runs
just fine with native comctl32.dll and commctl.dll. WineTools uses
wine-20041019. So my guesses are your problem comes from:

- the wine version you use
- the config (try the one of WineTools to be found on my site)
- the base setup I use (including DCOM98 and IE6)

Tried all that, using the recommended versions and downloads only. The installers work fine now! I can get the trial and the registered version up and running OK.

Just one problem you may have missed in your test. If you add a default database, you will soon see that the toolbars above the main windows are corrupted. I found out that this is due to unimplemented calls in the "builtin" comctl32.dll interface. (oh sh1t...)

When I used the native version of this DLL in some previous testing I could see them properly (even though some file handling stuff was a bit problematic).

Problem is that I can't get Imatch to work with WineTools using the native comctl32.dll! It either just hangs on startup or loads with the builtin Dll.
This is what I tried, witha nd without the asterisk.

; Imatch Image Management
[AppDefaults\\IMatch.exe\\DllOverrides]
"*comctl32" = "native"

Any ideas on where I should go from here?

Dennis.