Re: [Wine]Access to floppy disk drive from wine-installed programs

Andy Allen wrote:
Can anybody please tell me how to access the floppy disk drive from
wine-installed programs? I've installed some basic accounting software
which backs-up to floppy (don't laugh!), but when I try to do this I get
the message "no removable drives..." even though I've mounted the floppy
drive. The CDROM (fake d:) drive is listed in dosdevices, but floppy
(fake a: ?) doesn't seem to be. Any suggestions please,

The dosdevices directory contains sym(bolic)-links to the actual devices. To add the floppy drive you just need to create a new link to the device i.e. /mnt/floppy (or whatever your distro uses). To do this check out the man pages for 'ln'.

Hope that helps