Re: [Wine]ANSI terminal emulation re:Was WineTools problems

Joachim von Thadden wrote:

OK, I made some tests. For installing and running IE you have to change
in the /usr/local/winetools/config.new the line
"*pstores.exe" = "builtin"
;"*pstores.exe" = "builtin"

and you have to copy /usr/local/winetools/config.new to
/usr/local/winetools/config.ie6. Then you should be able to install and
run IE6. To run outlook you have to remove the Splash Screen Killer.
This has the drawback that you might not see everything in outlook
because of the splash screen, but with the 20050111 the Killer breaks
outlook. Don't know why.

Can you test with these settings again?

Indeed I have. OE does "function" initially, it takes a very long time to startup, and functionality is limited. I use OE to check hotmail, and while I was able to enter in my account information it was never able to connect to the internet and download the mail. IE6, however, functions almost flawlessly (except for the fact I was going to use it for Turbotax' website, but then it required Adobe Acrobat 6, and after that installed semi-flawlessly, things didn't work right). Long story short it's been a very exciting process getting this stuff working; I just need more time to refine the configuration a bit I think and try more skus to get this sorted out.

One question, is there an option to make Wine display ANSI graphics/text properly? I thougth I saw an option for terminal emulation in the conf file, but looked again this morning and couldn't find it. Right now I'm trying to run a telnet terminal program but ANSI isn't being displayed properly.

No, I don't have any idea. Ask the list for that.

This was actually resolved by just going through and installing the font packs. I'm sure it was only one of the fonts, but I was not paying attention the first time through. When I have more time to invest testing this (instead of testing at my job) I will document what is needed for this particular application in Wine and make the information available on the particular application forums for the next person.