[Wine]Re: adding LPT port to wine? Acrobat 5/PDFWriter installation problem

Elvis Chen wrote:
hi,

Thank you for your quick reply.

There IS a lpt1 link in ~/.wine/dosdevices, but it was initially linked to a /dev devices that actually does not exist on my computer (/dev/lp0). I changed it to the actual parallel port (/dev/lp1), but it still does NOT fix the problem.

Should I make changes to ~/.wine/config or win.ini so that wine/windows can see this printer port?

In that case, I guess that there is something the PDF Writer installation is checking that Wine does not emulate. I suspect that would require someone to actually debug and fix the problem; I don't think any changes to ~/.wine/config or win.ini are going to help.