[Wine]Re: adding LPT port to wine? Acrobat 5/PDFWriter installation problem

Elvis Chen wrote:
hi all,

I'm using the official wine-20041201-0.1 on Sue 9.1 (i386). I used winetools 2.10 to facilitate my wine installation and it was a godsand. I have installed Office 2000 and so far so good, but I like to extend my wine functionality just a bit more.

I like to install Acrobat 5 (not reader) with PDFWriter on my wine installation. The problem I have is that, during the installation, I get the following error message:

"Acrobat PDFWriter requires a LPT1: printer port. Setup could not find this required port. The PDFWriter component will not be installed. To install PDFWriter, add a LPT1: port and run setup again."

Can someone please tell me how to install a printer port to a wine installation? I have searched quite a few documentations on this subjects but none of them worked. First, I thought wine is suppose to auto-detect any parallel/serial port if presents. Second, I have added a LPT entry my ~/.wine/config under Spooler but still get the same error message.

Current versions of Wine no longer use ~/.wine/config for the lpt port mapping. Do "ls -al ~/.wine/dosdevices". Is there an entry that looks like:
... lpt1 -> /dev/lp0
If not, you can add it. Do something like this:
cd ~/.wine/dosdevices
ln -s /dev/lp0 lpt1