Re: [Wine]dlls - still a newbie

David L. Smith wrote:
And for the second growl, I don't want to hurt your feelings, sir, but putting IE on my linux feels like giving someone AIDS to cure their allergies. I did it, but I'll be looking over my shoulder a lot.

Don't think of adding Internyet Exploder as an end in itself. The truth is far too many sloppy or lazy programmers build in dependencies on MSIE, and will not install without it. So usually I'm installing it just to try to get past that issue.

Maybe someday the Wine programmers will be able to craft a "dummy" MSIE module, which will forward it's web page needs to your own preferred browser. I suspect it will have to be a seperate plug-in, as it would probably prevent you from installing a *real* MSIE if you still wanted to.