Re: [Wine]reply should be to: wine-users@xxxxxxxxxx not author

Brad Fuller wrote:

I often forget to look at the To: to see who it's going to --- I just assume that when I hit "reply" the msg will go back to the list (as it should. it is a "distribution list" after all)

Most lists I'm on default to replying to the individual who sent the email, so I don't think we can safely generalize that "most other lists" use the list address as the default reply-to.

I've even been on lists in which replies were REQUIRED to be sent to the originating individual, who was then responsible for summarizing the replies, along with the answer/solution to the original post, and sending only the SUMMARY back to the list. Helps keep list archives a bit more manageable size, I guess.

--
David
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx