Re: [Wine]Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid.

Dan O wrote:
"Error writing temporary file. Make sure your temp folder is valid."

Can someone help out with this one? I have been trying to figure it out all day :(

I have installed from the newest RPM for SuSE 9.1, and get the above as any user. I suspect there is something to be changed in the config file, but I have no idea where to start.

Thanks All,

Edit your wine configuration file; normally ~/.wine/config and see the following section

... "Temp" = "c:\\windows\\temp" ...

You must point to an existing directory where you have write permission. In this example temp point to the normal temp dir of windows. You can use win path (with double backslaches) or linux paths;

Olive