Re: [Wine]Quicken fonts

Mark Knecht wrote:
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 11:04:59 -0800, Duane Clark <dclark@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In general, if there are any TTF fonts in your Wine c:/windows/fonts directory, then Wine will render those fonts directly (using Freetype) rather that use the X font server. That assumes you have reasonably recent FreeType rendering. This is actually the best way to go; it tends to produce better results.

So does it make sense to do some inventory between a 'working' windows
box (I the user has one) and the Linux environment, and then copy over
any fonts that might be missing?

An inventory might be overkill. Just copy all the fonts; any already there will be overwritten.

I guess I Was hoping that some work under WINEDEBUG would tell me (or Marc in this case) which onts might be getting resized..

He mentioned a 53MB log file. The information is in there, but it would require a bit of effort to find it.