Re: [Wine]Quicken fonts

Duane Clark wrote:
Marc Williams wrote:

I just installed Quicken 2001 using the 0914 version of Wine built from source code on my Fedora Core 2 machine. I followed the Quicken install instruction #2 on Franks Corner site. The installation went fine and everything seems to work well. But some of the fonts are unreadable.

Here is a screen shot of what I am referring to (the problem fonts are circled):
http://onlymooo.com/Screenshot.png

I added the VGASYS.FON, SSERIFE.FON, and SERIFE.FON fonts as described in http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-user/config-fonts-main with no difference.

Wine doesn't use .FON files, and I would be surprised if Quicken under Windows did either. Instead, try copying over all the .ttf files from a Windows installation to Wine. Wine does support TrueType fonts.

What you're saying surprises me because I got that information right out of the online wine manual in the referenced URL. But even if you're right, it doesn't seem to make a difference either way because things look the same both before and after using those .FON fonts.

The current version of Wine has a few built in replacements for fonts, and perhaps these are too small (it seems like there have been several complaints lately). But if external TrueType fonts are found, Wine should use those.

It seems as if wine (and Quicken) are already using the TT fonts that are being served up by my font server. At least that's the impression I got from the debug output I ran earlier. And the screen fonts all look identical to their real Windows counterparts *except* for those that I circled.