Re: [Wine]crash in cvs from 10/16

Rob Hughes wrote:

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 06:20 -0500, Dan McGhee wrote:When I type quit in the debugger, I immediately get a dialog saying theinstallation failed and there's no executable. So... I'm pretty sure itreally does fail.

Just got to thinking about what I posted a couple of minutes ago. There is a dim memory of my having the same experience that you're having a couple of weeks ago. I don't expect to have to relive these frustrating moments so I don't keep good notes to go back to. However, I think that I do remember not being able to install IE6 starting some time in late September or early October.

One thing that I do remember doing is removing the "ie-6," right name (?), directory from /tmp. Also, there were some other files "IX00*" I think. I removed them, copied the CAB's into my fake windows directory and re-ran the script. I ended up downloading ie6setup.exe again, but it installed.

Hope this memory is correct and I hope it helps.

Good luck.

Dan