Re: [Wine]crash in cvs from 10/16

Rob Hughes wrote:

<>

When I type quit in the debugger, I immediately get a dialog saying the installation failed and there's no executable. So... I'm pretty sure it really does fail. Glad it's working for you though. Just annoying that I did this a couple of weeks ago, and it worked using this same method.

That's a "stumper." I see that the October snapshot just got released. I'll be able to do a regression now to find out when this started. Unless you need a feature of a recent change to wine, my research tells me that IE6 is OK as late as the September snapshot. The Help Engine, which is what I need, doesn't work, though, unless you use a "fake windows" created from a version of wine before 20040824 16:00:00 CDT.

I found that as of the cvs update yesterday morning, IE6 generates a "first chance" exception when running winedbg. But if you can't even get it installed that won't help.

I don't have any other suggestions and it doesn't look like anyone else is going to "bite" here. You might be able to get some more suggestions at Linux Questions.org--it's a pretty good forum.

Good luck.

Dan