Re: Re: [Wine]oracle config

Ok !

I have a server runing Linux RH AS3 with Oracle 10g.
And I have workstations runing Windows 2000 and aplications VB6 with instant client for oracle 10g.
Now I need to run my client windows aplications(VB6) in workstations Linux RH 9 or Fedora.
I am using wine to run theses aplications and theses work, but I can not conect into Oracle Server. I have installed instant client for oracle 10g for windows in wine directory, and I have put the PATH of the config file, but it did not work. So I tryed to test sqlplus for windows under wine and when I executed the comand line: "wine sqlplus.exe" the aplications waited for user and password, I put them and the aplication stayed stoped forwever.
I coud not run neither VB aplication nor sqlplus for windows under wine, and I think that the problem is the instalation, or the files of the instalation. but if you download the package from Oracle Web Site you will see that it is enougth unzip the package for instant client and configure the PATH in config file for wine. But it does not work.
To VB aplications work it is needed a oracle driver for windows, and this driver usede in the connect string.

Can you help me ?

Thank you very much.

piu.