Re: [Wine]Parallel port IO in Wine with DLPORTIO.DLL ?

Michael Chang wrote:
On Sat, Jul 31, 2004 at 08:43:09AM +0200, Hannes Mayer wrote:

Hi all!

I'm testing debian sarge (testing) and installed the wine version
that came with it (20040505).

The program I'd like to run loads and executes nicely
(EPromM51.exe from http://www.willem.org (eprom programmer))

EPromM51 uses DLPORTIO.DLL, which seems to be a fairly common parallel
port IO library according to a google search.

I've not bought the eprom programmer yet, but I'm curious how Wine
handles parallel port IO in general and if the approach with
DLPORTIO.DLL works under Wine ?

I doubt anyone on wine-users can help you.  Try asking wine-devel.  You
*could* also look at the source code.  The program IS open source for a
reason, you know.  You also have to consider wine's handling of DLLs, as
well as the way DLPORTIO.DLL works in and of itself.

It is worth mentioning that any parallel port stuff may or may not be
kernel or version-specific, (for one thing, it'd probably require
parallel port support in the underlying linux kernel, or find an
equivilant configuration under HURD if you're using that instead...)
although I'm unsure. You'd have to manage the port IO through the
parport or other devices (i think), which may be tricky though wine. You never know though, the wine developers have made it a long way.

Thank you very much Michael! For further details I'll try asking the devel-list.

Best regards,
Hannes.