[Wine]Problems relating to alsa sound

Good day,

I have been working on trying to get EchoLink (http://www.echolink.org/) running under wine. I know this program has been run successfully before due to the presence of a HOWTO on the subject (http://hyaden.dyndns.org/HOWTO/EchoLink-HOWTO). Here is my current status.

I have compiled the latest copy of wine and installed Echolink via a fakewindows setup. My current kernel setup is using 2.6.7 with the stock alsa drivers included in the linux sources. Echolink runs just fine when the sound is configured to use the OSS sound drivers with the exception of the mic/line-in input. I have verified that the line-in is receiving audio and can indeed hear audio through the sound-card output when speakers are connected. When I attempt to switch wine over to using the alsa sound driver Echolink fails to load. Please note: I am running alsa's OSS's emulation when using wine's OSS sound driver. What steps should I perform in order to track down this problem? Is there any information that I could provide that would be of further assistance?

Thank you for reading this far,
Justin Burket
KL1RL