Re: [Wine]Re: to the administrators

Geoff Streeter wrote:

What I do find offensive is the gratuitous adding of Re: RE: Ang: etc. TCP/IP has one bit that says that the packet is part of an already initiated conversation. That seems enough. I suspect that people are not editing the subject line when they reply.

I don't really think that people on a wine-users list should need to do that. It is not really a big enough problem on this list to bother me.

Another thing that does definitely annoy me is that some people's clocks seem to be set up strangely. Could the list fix the time as it re-transmits? I have to keep scrolling up through past, read, emails to find those that are as yet unread but off the top of the window.

At least Mozilla will sort by Order Received, rather than message time.

The list could sensibly set the "reply to" address to be the list rather than the originating individual.

Hmm.. well start a poll in a separate thread. That change I would only make after a poll, rather than before. Again, I see this list as being for general users, and am inclined to let them determine the rules. I'll have to admit I have forgotten the reason why the list is done that way. I read the list via gmane, and it already sets the reply to the list, so it makes no difference to me personally.