Re: Playing sound files under Wine?

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 20:14:37 -0500, Ewan Grantham
<ewan.grantham@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:26:28 -0400, Robert Reif <reif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > These should test that wine is configured properly for your
> > hardware and os.
>
> So if I run those, and I get tones, should I assume this means that
> the problem being reported might not be the actual problem - or that
> the setup is right and I'm just somehow missing the proper
> configuration?

Evidently from some of the responses, I wasn't very clear on this. I
did run the tests, and I did hear the sounds. Which actually has left
me more confused since the implication is that this means that Wine
knows how to play sounds through my hardware, but somehow isn't
telling the Rhapsody program that it does.

My "guess" would be that there's a registry or DLL issue, which is why
I sent the log entries on my last message - to see if anyone could see
what is happening.

I should also point out that I don't know if I'd have the stack
underflow problem if it was finding the audio playback. Just thought I
should check to see if the program would install without it, and
evidently something goes "boom".

Thanks,
Ewan