Re: Version of Wine Installed in Linux

S Buvaneswari wrote:
Hi Can you please tell me how to check what version of wine is installed on Linux machine.
curently I am using "rpm -q wine" in the console to check the wine version. Is the version information is stored anywhere else (ie. in any file or so) ?
My requirement is to write a java program to retrieve the version of wine installed on Linux machine. Can any one help on this ?

Thanks & Regards
Bhuvaneswari S

The best that I know of is:

wine --version

this will give you an idea, but it's not guaranteed accurate, or so I was told last week. If your RPM was built from CVS then it's totally up to whoever checked the code out of CVS. If they checked out a specific revision then --version will be correct, but if they just checked out the most recent then it will be then version name most recent, but with newer code included.