Version of Wine Installed in Linux

Hi
  Can you please tell me how to check what version of wine is installed on Linux machine.
  curently I am using "rpm -q wine" in the console to check the wine version.
  Is the version information is stored anywhere else (ie. in any file or so) ?
  My requirement is to write a java program to retrieve the version of wine installed on Linux machine. Can any one help on this ?

Thanks & Regards
Bhuvaneswari S