Re: confused over wine doc??

Duane,

That would be my hope, however my observation is that wine may somehow change things such that Win things the registry in corrupted. If I create a new .wine dir and start fresh and then 'boot' the win parition, win things the registry has been corrupted. I hope this is just coincidence.

This occured twice. I somwhow fowled up the dll overrides and apps did not run correctly. In order to check out the apps I booted the win partition. Each time it complained about a corrupted registry.

I will try it all again to test it. (I suppose I could change the permissions to make the dir ro)

Regards,
Dan

Duane Clark wrote:

Ivan wrote:

Will it support either a local registry or a Win partition registry. Specifically will it support an alternative local registry when Wine is using a Win partition?? (this is necessary to prevent corruption to the 'real' Win partition.)

Never thought about that, maybe someone that know more about it than me will
answer. If not, you may want to ask the devel list.

Ivan.

Wine should never touch the real registry. My understanding is that it loads the real registry, and then overloads the Wine registry. All changes go in the Wine registry.