windows versions in wine emulation

Hi
I'm trying to run an old windows 3.1 application under wine.
It immediatly shown an error popup window, which states
"This application needs windows 3.1 or windows 95"
In the reality, the application runs ok under windows 98 too.
I tried to put the following directives under the [version] section of the config file:

[Version]
"Windows" = "win95"
[AppDefaults\\wexa.exe\\Version]
"Windows" = "win95"

but nothing change.
Which other parameters can be tryed in order to let the applications be convinced about the host os version?
Thank you
Fabio