Re: gui navigation problem

Bill Medland wrote:

On May 13, 2004 07:00 pm, Christopher Dawson wrote:

Hi there,

We recently got a clarion based point-of-sale and stock management
system called Winstore (http://www.mms.com.au/fs_winstore.htm) running
under wine. It all seems to run really well apart from some weird gui
navigation stuff.

The TAB and RETURN keys don't progress to the next element as they would
normally. This only seems to be a problem with this application -- other
ones that I've tested work fine -- and probably has something to do with
the weird clarion gui. Has anyone experienced similar problems to this,
or can they suggest how I might attempt to fix it?

If the program is actually a Visual Basic app (and I wouldn't be surprised if it is) then I am not surprised. We have had problems with the field traversal for VB dialogs and OCXes in our app. We never did totally fix it; typically we work around it by modifying our app.

I don't see any of the VB runtimes anywhere, but in any case it seems to be a problem in one form or another with certain apps.
Bugs 1264 and 1858 describe similar stuff.

I might try running the app without a window manager.

Thanks,

Chris