Re: Java applications

Michael Yartsev wrote:
Why don't you run java apps from linux itself???!

That's what Java is made for - so it can be cross plataform

So the *theory* goes. In practice, not only does that not work on occasion, but I work with Java apps that have to carry along their *own JRE*! Seriously ticks me off (and these are apps from the company I work for, even).

In fact, last week I was trying to install the Windows version of one of those apps, because the Linux installer is built for RH 7.x, and won't even *run* under a NTPL kernel, and copying the files from another system wouldn't work either.