Missing DLLs & More (was Re: Newbie with major problems)

Hi Ivan and All,

Before receiving your email, I tried a reinstall and told wineinstall to create its own windows directory instead of using my NTFS XP partition. I tried Notepad again and it worked very well. I then proceeded to install other programs, but some installs keep complaining about missing dlls. I have both a windows 95 and 98 install cds that I could use to get dlls off of, but how do I do that? Also, what dlls are recommended to get off these cds?

Besides this issue, I am also experiencing an issue with the default font (I tried changing it in the config file, but it did nothing to change this problem). Check out this screenshot of AIM:

http://www.oghistoricalsociety.org/pic.jpg

The font of all the menus/etc. is extremely hard to read, and I know that isn't normal for windows. Is there a way to change this?

Thanks for all the help! I appreciate it very much since I am very new to the program.

J Silverman

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Ivan Leo Murray-Smith" <puoti@xxxxxxxxx> To: "wine-users" <wine-users@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: Newbie with major problems Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:35:58 +0100

Please try the RPMs on my web site. They are specially designed for linux mandrake.
The use of a real or fake win partition is a run time setting, it has nothing to
do with compile.
Uninstall wine, install my wine RPM, then open your KDE/Gnome/whatever menu, go
to Applications>Emulators>Wine and click on Wine Setup, it will start a
configuration tool that will guide you through the configuration of wine. Always
choose the overwrite option when prompted.

Ivan.