Re: Newbie with major problems

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for the link. However, the information it contains seems to not apply to my situation, since I didn't use the rpm files to install wine.

I also did find some info that wine doesn't interact well with XP dll's and you should let it create its own "C:" disk. Is this correct, and if it is, how can I change the fact that I allowed it to use my XP partition during the install and compile?

Thanks again,
J Silverman

----Original Message Follows---- From: "Ivan Leo Murray-Smith" <puoti@xxxxxxxxx> To: "wine-users" <wine-users@xxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: Newbie with major problems Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 18:05:22 +0100

Have a look at this web site
http://www003.portalis.it/115/
it has instructions on using wine on mdk. Also upgrade to Mandrake 9.2 if you can.

Ivan.