RE: StarCraft BroodWar Performace

Who can tell me some way to improve the performance of the StarCraft
BroodWar in Wine-20031118 for RedHat 8.0 2.4.18-14 in a Pentium III at
800mhz.

Hello,

I had very serious speed issues in RedHat9. It got better after I compiled a new kernel (2.4.23). I lost the link where this was suggested.

I am also unsure how important this is, but I am also running Starcraft in a 16bpp display in the hope it is making the pixel conversion a little faster (Starcraft is a 8bpp only game). I also set the display to the game resolution, as I had problems with the game not keeping the cursor inside it's window for a while.

I wrote a small howto for running games in a dedicated display. You can find it here:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?postid=681528#post681528

I hope it helps making your Linux gaming experience better!