WIN2K & WIN98 partition with wine

I have a laptop with two partitions: #1 running Win2K Pro and Win98
with
a FAT (?VFAT/FAT32?) partition and #2 with Linux ext3.

Can wine run Windows programs from this partition from my linux parition
with wine? I currently use my /etc/fstab file to mount this partition
for r/w at /mnt/win32.

How would I configure wine for this? Does it matter to wine if I am
running a Win98 program or a Win2K program since they are on the same
partition?

Thanks,

Job