Re: Windows 3.0 apps can't find their files

I just tried it with a shorter pathname, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. All my paths were already 8.3 suitable though.
What paths could the program be reading from the 'Windows' ini files? It seems to be unable to find its own files, it wouldn't be logical if it needed a path from an ini file to find its own files.

gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schreef:

Directory pathnames too long? Windows 3.0 could only understand 8.3 directory
and file names ...

Another possibility, it is looking for pathnames in the old-style Windows INI
file, since Windows 3.x had to concept of a registry.

david
gnome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx